Clinics & Events
GLDRA is proud of these local riders who have decided to help us promote our sport by having clinics for beginning riders (or those who simply would like a refresher course). So far there are clinics to take place in Michigan over the spring/summer of 2022. Be sure to check back here often, as clinics or events will be posted as soon as they’re known of.
Also if this is your first time here, welcome! We sincerely hope that you enjoy your time here. And we do encourage you to sign up for a clinic so that you may learn about endurance trail riding and competitive distance riding. We are looking for more members to add, and certainly would welcome you to our family.
These flyers are downloadable… please download one for yourself, or anyone you know that is interested or could benefit from them.
July 16th & August 20th, 2022
DISTANCE RIDING CLINIC
- When: Saturday, July 16th. Starting at 11:00 am, will break for lunch if necessary.
- What: Classroom presentation of all you need to know about distance riding in the comfort of an airconditioned meeting room, without the distractions of weather and bugs 😊
- Where: to be held at the Brighton Holiday Inn, South, 6910 Whitmore Lake Road, Brighton, MI 48116
- Water & snacks provided. In close proximity to many fine eating establishments.
- Cost: $35.00. Pre-Entry Only.***
- When: Saturday, August 20th. Begins at 10:30am
- What: Distance Clinic – Mock Ride.
- Where: Brighton Recreation Area, Equestrian Staging Area. 6360 Chilson Rd, Howell, MI 48843
- Water & snacks provided
- The mock ride will consist of a 7-8 mile mock ride. Each rider will go out on trail with an experienced distance rider (in groups no bigger than 3). Each clinic participant will be walked through the entire ride process from Vetting-In their horse, to riding the trail, and Vetting-Out their horse at the end.
- Cost: $60.00. Pre-Entry Only***
***Discounted price for a Pre-Entry for both Classroom & Mock Ride Clinics $80.00
Participants can attend either or both of these events. The classroom portion is scheduled a month before the Mock Ride to give those who wish to participate in the Mock Ride preparation time to get out and ride their horses. The clinics will cover Endurance Rides & Competitive Trail Rides.
Attendance for both Part 1 & Part 2 is strongly suggested as this will give you the entire Distance experience. For those who wish to practice camping with their horses, the clinic manager will be camping at Brighton Equestrian Campground that weekend. However, reservations and site selection are entirely up to the participant. Reservations can be made at Michigan.gov or by calling 800-447-2757. Please note that a recreation passport is required.
To Pre-Enter Please contact the Clinic Manager
Lisa M Germann